Sunday, March 14, 2010

Embracing Spring!




Spring has arrived in Fair Oaks, and I have welcomed it with open (and slightly sunburned) arms! To all my Washingtonians, enjoy the sun and color vicariously through me!






The entryway bed: Tulips (not sure what varieties--bought them out of a bargain box last minute!), daffodils, ivy geranium, wall flower and honeysuckle all do well in Sacramento's clay soil.










A surprise tulip echoing an ivy geranium behind it.




My personal favorite photograph. I've never notice the frills around the edges of the daffodils before.

"Sisters"






Beautiful Green (Ivy Geranium)

I forgot to take a picture of them, but we also have potential roommates surveying our honeysuckle! Yesterday and today, Tim and I spotted two house finches exploring the honeysuckle by our entryway! We're hoping that they approve of it enough to build their nest there this spring. How fun. Even nature approves of your garden --Tim

1 comment: